Friday, September 21, 2007

Lucy, Goddess Of The Tropics, Is Pulling The Football Regarding Tropical Storm Ivo

Regarding the approach of Tropical Storm Ivo to Arizona, I sent this missive to Deborah in Phoenix today:
Already Lucy is pulling the football away.

*sigh*

Well, the Gila Wilderness can always use the extra rain....
She responds:
I decided not to share the news till it was overhead.
I reply:
Looks like a wise choice!

Over the next few days, with the powerful low pressure system to the west, the Colorado River valley is likely to get rain, and with Ivo's remnants passing to the east, the AZ/NM border area is likely to get rain.

Leaving you-know-who in the dessicated middle!
Responding with a picture, she states:
This is my cousin's ranch west of Tucson after Henriette--we coulda used some!
To which I can only respond:
Wow!

But like you say, it's dry, dry, dry in Phoenix these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment