Thursday, May 06, 2010

Busy Weekend Approaches

Woman overheard as she yakked on her cell phone in a sidewalk cafe:
On Friday night I go out with the Bad Boy, and on Saturday night I go out with my girl friend.
Best of luck to her! It's going to be a busy weekend!

For myself, I've got that deer-in-the headlights look contemplating this weekend.

First, Keith Wise says come see his stuff at J Street Wellness on Second Saturday, at 23rd & J. He said something about doing readings too (tarot maybe? I dunno...).

Second, Adam Sartain, well-known on the DMTC stage, plus candidate for State Assembly District 9, will be hosting a campaign fundraiser at Luna's Cafe on 16th Street on Saturday night, featuring singer Autumn Sky.

I can't quite picture Adam at Luna's Cafe. Luna's is the go-to place in town to see French existentialist performance poetry done by friends like my former next-door neighbor, Gil and Sherry Rodriguez. Indeed, the only time I've ever been to Luna's was to see French existentialist performance poetry. Candidate, or not, Adam has big shoes to fill there at Luna's. He'd better be able to slam that French poetry better than Gil to catch the attention of the caffeinated intellectuals trying to unwind with heladas (iced fruity tropical health drinks) instead.

Plus, as mentioned, Persia says come see her stuff at the 12th Annual Home And Garden Tour in East Sacramento this Mother's Day weekend. David Lubin Elementary School is located at 35th & M Streets (3535 M Street), Sacramento. Persia specializes in art photography and she likes doing weddings, portraits, etc.

Indeed, since Adam is doing a neighborhood walk on Saturday afternoon near McKinley Park, I've suggested it might be best to walk on over to David Lubin Elementary School and catch the foot traffic.

Plus, there is "Jack and the Beanstalk" over at DMTC, and "Gypsy" later that night.

And that doesn't even cover whatever else might be happening around town this weekend.

That's right! "Let's Go!" opens this weekend, at:
Calvary Christian Church
2665 Del Paso Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95815



Too much! I need a helada!

No comments:

Post a Comment