Friday, November 22, 2013

Screening Of "Born To Run" At California State University - Sacramento

A fine evening reminiscing about the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall Election with filmmakers Jayson Haedrich and Robbie Stauder, candidates Cheryl Bly-Chester and the inimitable William Tsangeres, plus campaign managers Robin Marcucci (Mike McCarthy) and Sean Penello (Georgy Russell), among others, at the Political Science Department at Sac State. We screened the film "Born to Run" with about 120 people! (It's easier to get the larger audiences when people are required to be there for college credit). The panel discussion was great!

The evening nearly derailed for me. I couldn't find a suitable place to park, so endured the $43.00 parking penalty. I walked vigorously to the classroom and sweated uncontrollably. I had to step out into the cold to dry out (and inadvertently met William Tsangeres and his daughter, who were late to the screening). Then, I discovered my pant's zipper was flawed. It had peeled open, and apparently I had inadvertently exposed myself to dozens of students when making introductions at the start of the screening. Great way to make a first impression!

Nevertheless, it was great fielding questions, and even sold three books (to Marcucci, Penello, and Tsangeres)! Finally, we are getting the attention we so desired (even if it was a semi-captive audience).


Afterwards, Bucca de Beppo was great too! First time I've ever been there.



Jessica and Erica Chester.  Here, Erica and I are in a phototaking duel.


Jessica and Erica Chester, with Jayson Haedrich and Sean Penello.


Jayson Haedrich, Cheryl Bly-Chester, and Robbie Stauder.


Jayson Haedrich, Cheryl Bly-Chester, and Robbie Stauder.


Jayson Haedrich, Cheryl Bly-Chester, and Robbie Stauder.

No comments:

Post a Comment