Friday, December 31, 2010

A Dyno Is Like A Treadmill

I had to get my car smogged, and I fell into conversation with the shop owner:
"The dynamometer is just like a treadmill. It puts a load on the engine - whether a car's engine, or the engine of the body, the heart.

The treadmill saved me. I had chest pains for months, but otherwise felt fine, and I kept passing all the heart tests at the doctor. I didn't have a heart attack - the heart itself was strong. The angiogram will tell the doctors for sure if you have a problem, but the insurance companies won't let you take it unless you fail one of the other heart tests first. Finally, I failed the treadmill test. Two arteries, 99% blockage! One of the blockages was what they call a "widowmaker." I could have died any second. It's a wonder I survived until surgery. Look at me now! Healthy!

Don't ignore chest pain! Be persistent with the doctors! Lose weight! You have two kidneys, and two eyes, and two arms, but just one heart!"

No comments:

Post a Comment