Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Burlesque"



Last night, I was supposed to rendezvous in Vacaville with Mary Young, Ron Cisneros, and Linda Abrille to see "Burlesque", but because of the intense rain it was only Mary Young and myself.

I liked Burlesque quite a bit. The beginning was a bit trite: the old formula of girl-cuts-all-ties-to-find-her-fortune-in-Hollywood doesn't work nearly as well these days, with the ubiquity of cell phones, Facebook, and Twitter. I mean, a Hollywood gypsy these days would keep all her friends back in Iowa breathlessly apprised of every tale of California excess. But apart from the beginning, it was a fine movie: excellent dancing, simple story, fine lighting & costumes & singing.

Robin Antin (Pussycat Dolls) is listed at the very end of the credits, but I suspect she had a huge part in putting the picture together.

Steve Antin is the Writer and Director. Are they related? Yes, brother and sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment