Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Cinderella" - Runaway Stage Productions

Bows. It was good to see Mike Jones as the King, and Karen Day as the Queen.

One of the White Mice. At left, Choreographer Pam Kay Lourentzos catches herself just before entering the field-of-view.

Don Marsden and Stepmother Lillian Baxter. Lillian had fine comedic timing in her role as the Stepmother.


Cinderella (Katie Veale) and Prince Christopher (Brian Watson; Scott Woodard plays the Prince on other weekends.)

I think this is only the second show I've seen with Katie Veale. I really liked her as Cinderella. Brian Watson has a wonderful singing voice and played a strong Prince.










Stepsister Darryl Clark.

When DMTC did "La Cage aux Folles" two years ago, Darryl subtly resisted my efforts to persuade everyone to use high-end, expensive cosmetics from Sephora. Not that there was anything wrong with expensive cosmetics, it's just that it struck Darryl as - imprudent - particularly onstage, where the audience can't examine the work too closely. Despite my best efforts, Darryl proved good at resisting peer pressure too. So, when I praised his excellent makeup job here (the shot is a bit overexposed, so it doesn't quite do justice to the handiwork) it was as if we were taking up the same conversation from two years ago.

"Wonderful job," I said. "Where did you get the cosmetics?" Darryl hesitated slightly and said "Walgreens." I furrowed my brow and said, "Walgreens?" Darryl replied "It isn't what you use, it's how you use it!"

Darryl may have a point.....




Anne-Marie Pringle and Darryl Strohl.

No comments:

Post a Comment