Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Washed Ashore

I E-Mailed Deborah yesterday about my Phoenix-metropolitan-area dream of a few days before, which I called an 'Agnostic Dream':
I recently dreamt that, along with thousands of other people, we were desperately trying to ford the Salt River at the location of Tempe’s Mill St. Bridge, even though water was waist deep in the river and thus a menace to automobile traffic, and even though the Mill St. Bridge was still open (although traffic was slow, because it was crowded). The reason why people COULD NOT WAIT to cross the river was because they HAD TO GET OFF the Superstition Freeway.

Puzzling dream, with strange resonances, but interesting!
Deborah replied:
Of course this is no longer possible due to the Tempe Town Lake--it's over your head! And the Superstition frwy, hmm, maybe the Hohokam? I dreamt I went to the science center to see AstroCaptain. We learned his theme song: "Hear the wave, we're Flying, Flying!"
Hmmm. For an artist, Deborah is spending way too much time with computer programmers, engineers, and other literalists. So, I replied:
Pretty painting! But I digress....

You are confusing me with facts. I'm trying to confuse you with concepts: people HAD TO GET OFF the Superstition Freeway!
She replied:
I know.

And last night someone left a chilled martini sitting on highway in an empty area.

Chilled.

Do you drink it?

It held lambent meaning.
Flummoxed, I replied:
Lambent meaning? You mean it wasn't just a road hazard? I'm too literal for my own good! Aaarrrgghhh!




Nevertheless, a pretty painting! It looks like this lady had to get off the Superstition Freeway too, but no one told her about the iceberg in the Tempe Town Lake, or anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment