Saturday, August 01, 2009

Filling The Coffers Of Socorro County

Left: I've only seen the image of Mary Magdalene once on this mountain, and have never seen it again. Do you see it?


I stopped in Magdalena to look around....



There is a very opinionated fellow in Magdalena who posted a sign on a crumbling adobe wall which I photographed in 2006.

The wall is gone now, but two newer signs have appeared nearby:





















There was a very heavy police presence in Magdalena. They seemed to be pulling everyone aside for speeding violations - including yours truly. The joker said I was going 44 in a 30 mph zone. That is preposterous - I had just pulled onto the roadway from a stop and didn't have enough time to accelerate that fast. But unless I want to contest the charge in Socorro County Court, I will have to pay the $86 fine.

As I was driving away, I saw another sign: "Congress Is A Toxic Asset". I would have photographed it, but rattled as I was by the police presence, I just let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment