Thursday, July 30, 2009

What's New Today?

Well, let's see....

I watched half an hour of Maury Povich, and a full hour of Jerry Springer today. I am fully entertained, but feel soiled. I hope three or four hours of watching judge shows will make me feel righteous again.

I jogged along Second Street to the other side of Paseo del Norte today. I'd like to run all the way to Alameda Road, but my house arrest will likely end before I develop that endurance. We'll see what I can do tomorrow.

There is a dead mammal rotting away on the ditchbank where I run. The ants have stripped the skull already. I wonder why there aren't any crows gathered like there'd be if this happened in Sacramento. I'm not sure if the dead animal is a raccoon or some kind of muskrat, but it has a luxurious banded tail.

Unforecast thunderstorms continue to plow into the Albuquerque metro area. These really aren't the typical monsoon storms, but seem triggered by waves passing along the trough over the Plains. The ridge along the west coast has been stuck for days, and it's hot there, but at least it's raining here. Still, when will the monsoon really start?

One more full day of this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment