Sunday, July 26, 2009

Albuquerque On A Friday Evening

Left: I told my nephew, "Quick, take a photo of that plate!" The plate is some kind of New Mexico Tech vanity plate, featuring a photo of Socorro's "M" Mountain.

Left: This former hospital (Railroad Memorial Hospital?) on Central Avenue at I-25, is being renovated into a hotel, Hotel Parq Central. It is also the location where my father's father passed away in 1940.

Left: A fancy new Italian restaurant with outdoor seating dominates the Nob Hill shopping center (Albuquerque's oldest shopping center).

Left: The Nob Hill neighborhood gentrifies and improves. Here is the sidewalk in front on my newest favorite spot, Ecco Espresso and Gelato.

Left: Some things still remain the same in the Nob Hill neighborhood. The Disco Display House is still going strong!

Left: Old Town's San Felipe de Neri Church at dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment