Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Excitement Continues

Good grief, this gets tedious! And it's just the start!

The most exciting thing that happened today was that an ant stung me on my peeny (ow....)

One of the few advantages of this break so far is that I've been able to work on jogging. At first, it was quite hard, since I normally don't jog in Sacramento, and we're nearly 5,000 feet above sea level here, but since my dad has precisely the same schedule every day, I've been able to get out every morning at precisely the same time for a jog up Second Street. At first I could make it up to only Los Ranchos Rd. or so, but today I reached Paseo del Norte before turning back. This training at altitude will serve me well when I return to Sacramento.

Hummingbirds zip up and down the drainage ditch that runs along Second Street. Quite nice! Today, ditch water levels were low, and so lots of Greater Tail Grackels were out looking for insects on the mud flats, with an occasional wading bird from the river too. I disrupted their bird breakfast with my jogging ways (I like making the dogs bark too). There are plenty of doves and pigeons too.

I will leave Albuquerque on Saturday and head to Phoenix to see what Deborah, James, and Doug are up to. I hope to pass through Vegas again on the return trip, making Sacramento probably on Monday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment