Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Whirl Of Roommates

Since I've been eating out, I don't participate much in the social life at City Garden Lodge, which generally revolves cooking and mealtime. That's when the Germans and English and everyone else sits around in the common rooms, and gab.

Neverthless, life at the City Garden Lodge means new roommates each day, and I meet new people all the time.

When I first got into my room, there was someone with long hair sleeping in one of the beds. Never got a chance to meet them, or even establish what their sex was.

Then there was Dagma, the Austrian. She was nice and soft-spoken. I notice the backpacker crowd is very polite to each other, and soft-spoken (have to be, when you are always amongst strangers in close quarters).

Then there was Christoff, who I also think was Austrian. He disappeared this morning.

Then, there was a pretty woman in the bunk below mine last night. I have no idea who she is: she was gone all night, arriving to sleep only at 7 a.m., and so the only impression I have of her is as a sleeping beauty.

Then, tonight, Tzvi the Israeli arrived. Very nice guy!

A real international eye-opener!

[Update: The sleeping beauty wasa woman named Clare, from the UK. She had spent several months in Patagonia, and is making her way across the South Pacific to Sydney, AU, where she hopes to work for awhile.]

No comments:

Post a Comment