Saturday, December 13, 2008

Flight To Christchurch

I took the Airbus to the airport and caught the flight to Christchurch on Air New Zealand. The flight was uneventful (I had an aisle seat). Approaching christchurch, the fellow next to me looked out over the browning lansdcape sectioned by hedges and complained about the drought.

When I arrived, I didn't see Andrew sidle up to me while I was standing at the baggage carousel, and he startled me. We packed my stuff into his overstuffed car. I also found a wallet in the parking lot, full of cards and cash, and turned it in at the parking lot exit booth.

We quickly headed west from Christchurch Airport, passing fields full of amazing hedges, towards Arthur's Pass National Park, in the Southern Alps. We talked about the effectiveness of hedges at catching spray drift (Apparently not very effective, according to Andrew's colleague Tom W., from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, contrary to all previous understanding).

No comments:

Post a Comment