Thursday, February 02, 2006

Jennifer's Mission

(Sacramento Bee caption) Jennifer Fearing founded the Sacramento Area Animal Coalition. Her criticism of Sacramento's Animal Care Services helped bring about an audit by the Humane Society and many changes. Sacramento Bee file, 2005/Anne Chadwick Williams.

[Update: Apparently I've made an error here. Jennifer Fearing looks somewhat like Jennifer Jackson, a ballet student with Pam Kay Lourentzos (on Sundays, over at the Cisneros studio) and I got the two of them confused. Nevertheless, Jennifer Fearing does worthy things, so I'll let the post stand]:
In 1997, picking up a stray dog in Del Paso Heights changed the course of Jennifer Fearing's life.

She took the canine to what was then a night drop-off at the city's animal shelter. What she saw there transformed her into an animal advocate.

"It was such a bizarre thing putting it in this shed and not knowing what was going to happen to it," Fearing said "I went back the next day, and then I became a volunteer at the shelter. That's when I really learned what was going on."

No comments:

Post a Comment