Tuesday, May 03, 2016

That Fabulous Funky-Fresh Feline Flava

Last night, Bella continued her northern exploration. She finally succeeded in manipulating me to go past a camper vehicle under the freeway that I'm leery of, because it's almost-certainly occupied, but since I've never seen anyone there, I finally relented, and we passed uneventfully by.

I notice Bella groups neighborhoods into those with that Fabulous Funky-Fresh Feline Flava, and those that are only just so-so. At one point, there was an overpowering odor of dead animal, which of course was of great interest to the dog, but there was no obvious body (likely already in a garbage can).

To my surprise, Bella remembered that I told her that the Earth ends in a big cliff just north of S St., and she headed east along S St. without complaint, until we reached 24th St. Across the street, a bicyclist was happily crushing cans gathered from a garbage can, and singing to himself, "Hey, baby!" I looked at Bella and said, "Bella, it's time to head south!" And so we did.

At W St., there was a forlorn sign on a lamppost pleading: "If you witnessed a traffic accident here at 8:20 a.m. on December 16, 2015, please, please get in touch!" Now, that's a pretty busy place, and loads of people must have passed by, but not Bella and myself. It's so hard to create documentation once the instant has passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment