Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Sacramento Bernie Sanders Rally - May 9, 2016 - Insufficiencies At The Gate

I joined the rapidly-growing line at Cal Expo outside Bonney Field about 4:10 p.m. A variety of petition signature workers and political button vendors worked the crowd.

For a time, I talked with an elderly woman interested in online publishing. She had written an unpublished book regarding proper diet subtitled "No Mo' Yo-Yo" she wants to publish.

Entry to Bonney Field formally began at 5:00 p.m., but soon after it started, it ground to a near-halt, then halted altogether from about 5:30 to 6:00 p.m. The situation quickly became stressful. We were paralyzed just outside Bonney Field, standing stock still in the full setting sun. I could understand slow entry - people were going through metal detectors - but the complete halt I found just bizarre.

They probably lost some people. I know I was scared, and getting faint. I didn't bring water because I knew they didn't want water bottles at the event, but that meant I was unprepared to stand stock still just outside the gate in the full sun for an hour and a half. They had medical people nearby, but their purpose seemed to be to create a health crisis rather than mitigate one. Thank goodness this was May rather than August.

Still, it was fun! Do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment