Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Mystery Of The Flash Drive

As I entered the hall for the big conference awards ceremony, I noticed a flash drive on the floor of the doorway. I turned it over to the ceremony hosts, who announced the find several times, but apparently no one claimed it.

Saturday morning, I noticed I was missing a flash drive. Could it be? But that was inconceivable. I hadn't been in that hall that day, but rather the day before, which meant it would have had to be there at least a day without anyone noticing. But to be sure, I checked - and it was mine!

I think the only reason the mysterious flash drive loss happened was to allow me an opportunity to encounter Tim, who had presented a BrBa talk and who had nice things to say about my talk. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment