Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Three Young Women From Yorkshire

I was walking back from the ATM machine to my hotel room and encountered three young women from Yorkshire trying to puzzle out a way to get to Old Town and join a Breaking Bad tour. They were on a multi-city tour of the southern United States via Greyhound bus: Los Angeles, Albuquerque, Dallas, Austin, New Orleans, and Atlanta. I had an hour to spare, so I gave them an informal automobile tour of "Breaking Bad" sites in the Old Town area, including Jesse Pinkman's house.

I dropped the three young women at the Candy Lady in Old Town.  I wanted to visit longer, but a hairy ape was yelling at me about my parking skills, so I just gave the girls one of my books and waved them a farewell.
Here are the new digs of the Candy Lady in their new store on San Felipe NW.  Debby and Orena at the Candy Lady took a protective interest in the girls - such a bold plan to travel across the United States! - and even gave them a lift so they could visit Sandia Crest via the Tramway.
The following day, Frank and Jackie Sandoval hosted the three young women on their RV tour of "Breaking Bad" sites. Here the ladies are pictured next to the Walter White headstone (on the right).  Shortly after, they climbed back on the bus for an overnight trip to Dallas.


No comments:

Post a Comment