Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"Just Because He Says You're Beautiful - Five Things Every Head-Smart/Heart-Dumb Girl Should Know"



"Just Because He Says You're Beautiful - Five Things Every Head-Smart/Heart-Dumb Girl Should Know"

On my recent trip to the SWPCA conference in Albuquerque, several publishers had tables groaning with books for sale. Then off by herself at a little table there was just one woman on her own personal, national book tour, selling just one little book (plus giving away little bags of Valentine's candy). Stephanie Rochelle Redd boiled down her fumbling romantic history into just five observations ("At first I thought there were ten, but there are just five"), imploring the attention of posterity with "please learn from me."

I was struck by her example. You mean anyone could have signed up for a table to sell books at? Her answer was: "Yes!" Wow! It had never, ever occurred to me to do that! I could have reserved a table and sold my Governor's book!

More importantly, though, she was doing everything herself. Daunting, but to a well-organized person, doable.

Such faith in the power of words! A real inspiration with her drive! And a very charming woman too:

Here is her romance blog.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recognition, Marc! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie!

      Hope your book tour has gone well, and that you are doing fine!

      Delete