Monday, January 07, 2013

My First AR Drone 2.0 Flights



This video is a compendium of about five videos, selected from about ten videos, of my first AR Drone 2.0 flights. These flights consist of:

1.) First flight inside my house.

2.) First daytime flight in the DMV parking lot behind my house, featuring the homeless guy I brawled with last July and his scurvy dog. Accompanying music is 'Be With You' (LoveHigh Club Mix) by Kelsey B, which is hilarious in this context: even though I'm trying to be nicer to him these days, I really don't want to 'be with him'. I just like the song. Flight features first crash into telephone pole.

3.) Two flights that rise higher than the first, and feature St. Joseph's Cemetery and the Sacramento Skyline. Second of these two flights ends in a destructive crash, when the battery ran too low, the drone declared an 'emergency', stopped flying, and fell from the sky, breaking the drone's 'central cross' and its support of one of the drone's legs. Accompanying music is 'Nation' by SK8 (Outstanding Velvet Mixshow).

4.) A visit to my house. It's still unclear whether I can patch the leg, or must wait for parts for a more-thorough repair.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:21 PM

    I liked this. You should have chased the homeless guy...wait, that might have been a crime. well anyway it would have been funny as hell.
    PeteK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to, after last year's friction, but I'm trying to have better relations with him these days.

    ReplyDelete