Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Bit Of Work On The House

Last night, I pulled a squirrel nest - a garbage bag's worth of dust, dirt, leaves, and wood fragments - from the space above my closet. An entire slat of the roof had been punched in by the tree rodents over the years. The only reason the huge hole didn't allow water in was that it was entirely under an eave. Nevertheless, I lost oodles of heat up that chimney over the years. Still working on that.

This morning, Joe the Plumber put a roof patch over the hole and placed a wire mesh under the eave, hopefully blocking access to any new residents. Joe also excavated a sprinkler on the front lawn that got engulfed by roots, and the rest of the lawn. (I thought I had a broken pipe: turned out, it was a buried sprinkler.)

Swept many leaves today. They are STILL coming down!

No comments:

Post a Comment