Friday, September 30, 2011

Priorities

(At start of TV commercial)

E.: MMMMMMAAAARRRRRRCCCCC! Did I tell you what happened last Friday when I was driving to work?

M.: No, what happened?

E.: You would not believe it! I was at 21st Street and Broadway, getting ready to turn left onto Broadway, and I was sitting at the red traffic light in the left hand lane. I was first in the line there; all the other cars were behind me. The light was about to turn green and I was getting ready to go, but there was a car driving south and getting ready to go through the intersection. You know how they changed 21st Street? It used to be one-way, which I really liked because it was easier to turn onto the street. Now that it's two-way, I have the hardest time turning onto the street when I'm trying to drive to work in the morning, because of all the traffic. There's so much traffic! No one will let me in.....

(TV commercial ends. Fifteen minutes pass by before the next commercial starts.)

E.: So, anyway, the driver behind me was honking at me. They were like short little honks. It wasn't like he was mad, or anything, but he was signaling me because I wouldn't pull over after the big accident! I just kept going down Broadway; going to work. MMMMMAAAARRRRCCCC! I think somebody got killed in the big crash, and I saw the whole thing, but I was late to work, and I couldn't just stop just because someone got killed going through the intersection.

M.: Right. Hold that thought; the show is coming on again....

No comments:

Post a Comment