Thursday, June 02, 2011

Pictures From My Fugue State

After the colonoscopy, I was still in a haze from the anesthesia. Indeed, I can barely remember certain things, like the wheelchair ride. How did I get from the 5th floor of the Ft. Sutter Surgery Center's facility to the parking garage? Beats me! Nevertheless, I did have enough presence of mind to take a few pix of the operating room anteroom.



I wanted to blog on at endless length about my colon pictures, but the only pictures I saw were two microscopic pictures of diverticulae - not very interesting. Apparently I have non-bleeding internal hemorrhoids & mild diverticulosis: very common occurrences in people my age. As a response, the doctor recommends more fiber in the diet. I have a jug of Metamucil I inherited from my Dad, and that will suffice as a start.


No polyps were noted; no biopsies were taken; no cauterization was done. The time elapsed from probe insertion to probe removal was seven minutes! I have a very boring colon!

And maybe that's just as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment