Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gallows Humor

Joe the Plumber was the one who coined the perfect eulogy, in 2002, when Ferguson the Cat died.

Despite raw knuckles from a fist fight the previous evening amongst the homeless folks over by the railroad, Joe had insisted on digging Ferguson's grave.

We were at a loss for words as we tamped the cat's body into the grave. Joe finally piped up: "Shit happens."

So, I knew the dangers of waxing philosophical after Cinnamon the Chihuahua's burial:
J.: I told my co-worker that I had brought you a Chihuahua. He said there he read in the paper that someone in Yolo County was offering $1,000.00 for the return of a White Chihuahua. I told him I should take your Chihuahua, paint it white, and claim the reward.

M.: We could dig the Chihuahua up, paint it white, put a little sombrero on him, and both claim the reward.

J.: Make a little sign: "Yo quiero Taco Bell!"

M.: Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment