Friday, February 18, 2011

The Time To Eat Korean Is Now!

Sung Hoon said he wanted to buy dinner for us. What can I say? The time to eat Korean is now!

Josh, Gabe, Sung Hoon and myself gathered at Oz Korean Barbeque, at Bradshaw & Highway 50.

This tasty and sweet rice wine is known as Bek-Se-Ju. That is the total sum of my knowledge of Korean. Sung Hoon said he would locate the menu for me on the Web so I could name the rest of the items, but until then, I must rely on my own devices.

This is beef.

This is pork.

This is a variety of pickled vegetables. For the most part, they tasted great, particularly the beans.

I wasn't fond of the Kim Chi (the reddish dish), but it wasn't the cabbage's fault, but rather the chili they used to marinate it in. It is ironic that a New Mexican like myself would have the most trouble with that portion of the menu that, apart from rice, was probably the most familiar.

This is a Power Balance wristband. I've never seen one before: the waiter had one.

The concept is ridiculous, but I have to say it's a masterstroke to rechristen Arco Arena as Power Balance Arena. What a name! It's the best arena name in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment