Monday, July 12, 2010

Emcore Shooting

Jean E-Mails:
I hope everyone you know in Albuquerque is ok and not involved in the shooting.
I reply:
Thanks for alerting me. As far as I know, I know no one at Emcore. Sad, however, as all these violent events of recent years are.
Here's the ABQ Journal:
Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz confirmed just minutes ago that six people are dead as a result of a shooting at Emcore Corporation earlier this morning. The six included the shooter, police said.

Schultz said they believe the incident was domestic in nature. A 37-year-old man, who is a former employee of Emcore, is believed to be the gunman. Police believe he acted alone and that a current employee of the firm, his wife or girlfriend, was the target of the attack. Police say the man's children, who live out of Albuquerque, were taken into protective custody earlier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment