Wednesday, June 16, 2010

E. Chides Rude Fans And Calls For Civility

Finally free on summer vacation, E. has been spending less and less time at home and more and more time doing things like attending ball games in the Bay Area. Failing to cross paths with me today, she left this handwritten note instead (typos left in for verisimilitude):
Hi Marc,

I came home for a while, I was hoping I'd see you for a while, but we didn't get back last until 2:00 o'clock in the morning, and we get let. The game was good. "Giants" won. The only thing is we have these guys setting next t us screaming at the Orioles. it was pretty rude. they were screaming at Paterson (in the Orioles) suche as "we hate your guts", "we don't like you", "we don't like your brother and mother." We'll see you tomorrow after the game. These guys were acting like animals. They were pretty rude, screaming to their lungs. I don't think that was fair. Chris said that's they way it is. I told him that's not the way it supposed to be. What I meant if the "Giants" happen to be playing in Baltimore I am sure that the were never treated that way. I was so up sit. I have never could imagine that some people like them could be so antagunizing, so demoralizing their opponents ego. They acted like so uncivilized with no regards of how the "Orioles team" would feel. Needless to say I was very much dissappointed last night. We go their to enjoy the game but to some body screaming to their lungs with rudness (and they were big guys their mouth were just as fat as their body is. I wish you could write articles about this. They treated the "Orioles" so unfair.

Anyway I think of you, I see that you are ok. I'll see you soon, my caring for you is just like a brother I never have.

Love,
E.

No comments:

Post a Comment