Thursday, March 04, 2010

E.'s First Day Of Jury Duty

E.: MMMAAAAARRRRRCCCC! They sent us home at 11 o'clock. Tomorrow they'll interview us. The judge said it was a criminal case and the trial will last two months!

M.: Oh no!

E.: Oh no! I don't want to get picked!

M.: Was it interesting?

E.: The judge threw one guy out. The judge read a name and asked if that person was present, two people answered. But they already knew everyone's names - the one guy was lying. So the judge said "You are in contempt of the court!" and threw the guy out!

M.: What else happened?

E.: (laughing) There was a guy in a wheelchair and they asked him (laughing) "Are you Robert Hu?" (laughing) and he said (laughing) "Who?" (laughing) MMMAAARRRCCC! There are so many stupidities there!

M.: I'm sure!

E.: But MMMAAAARRRCCC! I got lost leaving the court! I was trying to drive to work and I wanted to find the Norwood exit off I-80. But I got in the middle lane on I Street and ended up on the freeway!

M.: So, you were southbound on I-5.

E.: No, they call it Highway 99. Then I saw a sign for San Francisco and thought maybe I could get I-80 that way. MMMMAAARRRCCC! I drove and I drove, but I couldn't get off the freeway! Then I was on a long bridge and I completely left Sacramento!

M.: Goodbye, Sacramento! So, where did you get off the freeway to turn around?

E.: Chillees? Doubletree Hotel? Mace?

M.: Mace? You mean you drove all the way to Davis?

E.: MMMMAAAARRRRCCC! It was scary! They had big trucks everywhere. I hate the big trucks! Especially when they blow their horns! I get so nervous!

M.: But you found your way back?

E.: Yes. It took awhile, but they were happy to see me. But I don't want to be on the jury for two months!

M.: I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment