Saturday, February 06, 2010

Murder At The Howard Johnson's - Bob & Ro Productions

Left: A nice set, meant to invoke just another room at the Howard Johnson's.

Three funny and experienced actors (Lee Marie Kelly, Dean Shellenberger, and Aurelio Martinez) portray three exceptionally-shallow characters that explore the various murderous permutations permitted by a love triangle. (I remember seeing Lee Marie Kelly in Magic Circle's 'Lost in Yonkers'.)


On Saturday night, several DMTC folks came to see, and support Bob and Rosemarie Gerould, in their new theatrical endeavour at the Studio Theatre.

The show was very funny and is well-worth seeing (it closes on Feb. 21).


By nature, I don't favor schisms in the Sacramento musical theatrical community, whatever the cause. I wondered whether I should even go, given recent troubles. Nevertheless, life goes on. The new effort is worthy and I'm glad I went. The best to Bob and Ro on their new effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment