Monday, November 23, 2009

DMTC's "Carousel"

Finally saw the entire show on Sunday. I liked most everyone's performance. I had some issues with the ballet - in part due to execution and in part due to conception - but, like I say, I liked most everyone's performance.

Alerted by a flash that came from somewhere (never tracked that location down), in the second act, I ended up chastising an over-enthusiastic patron for using her camera during the performance. She tried to weasel out by claiming she wasn't using a flash, and indeed, the announcement at the start of the show banned 'flash photography', but in general, our contracts ban photography, period, so I remained stern with her. It was ironic that I should be doing this, since as theater history person and blogger, I am the most egregious violator of the rule around, so perhaps it is just that I also now police the rule, but I sure felt the weight of hypocrisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment