Monday, November 23, 2009

DMTC's "Annie, Jr."

Saw the YPT show as well this weekend. I didn't have my camera, however. That will have to wait.

Great performances, particularly by McKinley C. (Miss Hannigan), Chris P. (Daddy Warbucks), Turner P. (Rooster Hannigan), and in particular, by Kelly R. (Lily St. Regis). I've never seen anyone get the peroxide blonde character better than Kelly did (and she's only 11!) The orphan corps was strong too, as was Emma K. as Annie.

At one point in the show, my seat began shaking. I thought a prolonged earthquake had devastated the Bay Area, or perhaps an endless train derailment was underway several hundred yards away, but it turned out that a young woman behind me suffering Restless Leg Syndrome had propped her feet on the seat back. She apologized, but then said that I must agree that the vibration was soothing. After considering her argument, I agreed, and enjoyed the Vibra-Seat that had unexpectedly been installed at DMTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment