Monday, September 14, 2009

"Footloose" - Runaway Stage Productions

Saturday night, I went to see Runaway Stage Productions' "Footloose" (unfortunately I got distracted and took virtually no photos).

Joseph Boyette played a formidable 'Ren McCormack'. He's got good dance moves, and can do the splits too!

Strangely enough, my opinion of Amy Jacques-Jones as 'Ariel Moore' varied depending on what she was wearing: the more stark the contrast between her dress and her blonde good looks, the better I liked what she was doing. Odd, that. Thus, I didn't really like her early scenes, but thought she improved as the show went on.

I liked Ben Herrera as 'Willard Hewitt', and Karen Day as 'Vi Moore', but the character I really liked was Kate Richardson as 'Rusty'. She played her part as Willard's pining sweetheart with pining conviction!

One of the trickiest songs of the show is 'The Girl Gets Around', and I thought Giorgio Selvaggio did well with it.

Several other friends were in the show: Pam Kay Lourentzos, Chris Petersen, Megan Sandoval, and Ana Marie Hansen. Indeed, in the very final number ('Footloose'), when the players danced in the aisles, Ana coaxed me out of my seat for some aisle-dancing too. Fun! Ana said she had been at Sacramento Ballet 'Nutcracker' auditions all day and got the role she coveted: 'Chinese'. So, something to look forward to in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment