Monday, September 14, 2009

Annual SR Picnic

Left: Picking through the pinata debris.


Usually my employers goes for the annual dinner, but this year they decided to reboot the annual picnic instead - something they haven't done since the mid-90's.

We gathered on Saturday morning under the olive trees at Miller Park in Fair Oaks.

This year, employee Tom A. marked his 20th year with the firm. To celebrate, we wrote and rehearsed a rap song in his honor. We wanted to look the part, too but true to form for a bunch of engineers, we didn't have a clue how to do it. I borrowed some suits and some pimp-style hats from the theater for W. and myself, figuring at least that 30's gangsta was somewhat close in spirit, if not necessarily in look.

W. and I looked rather incongruous in our jackets and hats - very Hasidic, somehow. It did not help that the gold tambourine I have I cadged from last year's bar mitzvah in Las Vegas. Still, it was W.'s first public performance, and he found the experience thrilling!

Oy vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment