Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday Tasks

Thursday morning, I went through my wardrobe and gathered clothes for Goodwill. I will have to dispatch even more clothes to make room for my Dad's clothes coming in! It felt good to haul all that stuff to Goodwill.

Persia came over to pick up stored boxes, but she could find only one box of interest (plus a painting her grandmother had once painted of her mother). I've been encouraging Helga to pick up her stored boxes, but she's been saddled wth caring for her ailing mother, and so that looks like a no-go for now.

I took some old dust-gatherers, like the the portable dishwasher that no one ever used, to the Sacramento Co. Refuse Transfer Station on Roseville Road, along with three chairs and other detritus. I threw two chairs away, but ultimately did not have the heart to throw the quality wooden rocking chair away (and people wonder where packrats come from).

Then, many tasks completed, I returned the gas guzzling U-Haul monster to its proper owners....

Folding my Dad's things into my own will require further materialistic heartbreak as I throw prized but defunct posessions away for good. The process will take two weeks, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment