Thursday, June 25, 2009

Beseiged

Returning home late last night, I saw a panicked black cat running down the alley. "What's that about?" I wondered. At least it didn't cross my path, but still, it's probably bad luck to see a panicked black cat.

When I pulled up in the driveway, I saw another black animal (with a bit of white on him): a skunk! The skunk was in full panic, with its tail pointing straight up, and desperately trying to escape from my bright headlights by trying to find a hole in which to hide. For a couple of seconds I enjoyed the spectacle, but then the skunk found a space and disappeared through the gate into my yard. The motion-sensitive light in my garage came on, which meant the skunk was - hiding in my garage! How nice!

I gingerly entered the yard and crept into the house.

A few minutes later, I decided to check the mailbox, and went out the front door. Below, in the front yard, I heard some movement and chattering. There were two skunks down there! One must have been the one in my back yard, but I'm not sure how it got out front. But maybe there were three skunks overall.

Like they say about polar bears; 'Where does a skunk go? Wherever it wants to.'

Be afraid, be very afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment