Sunday, March 01, 2009

Ringtone

Turner picked up my cell phone (a hated device, to be sure) and started asking questions: "Hey, Oprah, can you get the Internet on this phone?" "Yes, I think so," I replied. Turner continued, "there's this great Web Site (Funformobile.com) where you can get free ring tones."

Turner started working the phone and eventually downloaded two Beyonce ring tones (after failing to locate a free Kylie ringtone), but I was unsatisfied. Turner suggested "why not get a really old song?" So, I had him download Patrick Hernandez' "Born To Be Alive".

To my surprise, Herb knew the song. "Born To Be Alive," Herb mimicked. Paul recognized the tune, and hated it with a passion.

So, now I have a unique ringtone (who else has a Patrick Hernandez ringtone?) In addition, the ringtone identifies me as being hopelessly out-of-step with the times, a status I increasingly strive for.

Maybe cell phones aren't so bad after all....

No comments:

Post a Comment