Monday, March 02, 2009

Marc's First Bungy Jump - The Video



For the monthly potluck lunch here at work, I'm presenting a Power Point slide show of my trip to New Zealand. I wanted to also show the video of my first bungy jump (at AJ Hackett's Kawarau Bridge site near Queenstown, NZ - previously blogged about here, but I had to change the video format first.

I have trouble telling how close I got to the river. I asked the crew to adjust the ropes so I could *just touch* the surface of the water, but it's hard to get the setting that precise. The lead guy on the crew said I missed it by "an inch". Looking at the video, I think it's five feet or so, but it's hard to tell (I had closed my eyes until I reached nearly the bottom, and when I opened them I was too addled to make much sense of what I was seeing).

It's not a very artful jump, but things we do for the first time rarely are....

No comments:

Post a Comment