Monday, December 01, 2008

Skulking Cop

Returning to Sacramento from Davis on Highway 50 on Friday night, I ended up behind a car that seemed to weave in and out of its lane.

A Highway Patrol car quietly pulled up beside me that also seemed to weave in and out of its lane.

Driving is like Relativity: if you are the only one staying in your lane when everyone else is weaving, you are the menace to traffic safety.

Then, the Highway Patrol car quietly pulled directly behind me. Suddenly, I realized what was happening: the cop was weaving because he was observing the car in front of me and he was skulking behind me in order to avoid discovery.

The inevitable happened. At the first clear opportunity, the cop turned on his lights and pulled aside the car in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment