Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"Do You Like Rihanna Too?"

Last night, at Target, among other things, I purchased a DVD of Rihanna, in live performance of her album "Good Girl Gone Bad". The checkout clerk and I began talking about various pop stars.

"Who's your favorite pop star?" I asked. "Well, there's several," she said, "but right now I'd have to say Janet Jackson. We spent $1,000.00 and saw her in San Jose." "Oh, so you must have stayed down there and that's why it cost so much," I said. "No, that's what the tickets cost," she said. I replied: "Really?" and she just nodded her head. "But we were in the third row," she added.

I told her about my forthcoming trip to New Zealand to see Kylie Minogue, and she thought that was so exciting. We both agreed that both Madonna and Beyonce were excellent. And with Britney Spears coming to Sacramento's ARCO Arena on April 11th, the new year was bound to be pop heaven!

In fact, we got so excited about pop stars that it wasn't until I reviewed the store receipt hours later that I noticed she failed to charge me for four bottles of toilet cleanser.

No comments:

Post a Comment