Wednesday, October 03, 2007

More Movies On DVD

Watched "Ghost" again - it's been a long time, but it's October, and a good ghost story seemed to be necessary.

What a good movie! It's appalling, however, to read about Demi Moore's late efforts, via surgery, to remain viable, or bankable, or whatever you call it. THAT stuff gives me nightmares!

Then I watched, for the first time, 2004's "Mean Girls", starring Lindsay Lohan. Since I'm completely out of the Hollywood loop, I wondered 'who is this Lohan person, and why do gossip columnists fret about her so?'

Liked the movie a lot. A little more earnest, not quite so clever as 1995's "Clueless", which traversed some of the same territory. Nevertheless, I did not like Lindsay Lohan that much. Sure, she has a lot of energy, and she is dynamic, but she seemed a bit lazy for the role, and vapid too. Instead, I was very impressed with the supposedly vapid "Plastics", particularly Rachel McAdams (maybe I have a weakness for leggy blondes), but also the spacy Goldie-Hawn-like Amanda Seyfried, and the hyper-alert Lacey Chabert. The little bit where Seyfried models the sweater with the applique-K in the mirror had me rolling in laughter! I was captivated by the Plastic's sense of style, and, oddly enough, their niceness.

The last word, of course, belongs to E., who opined "it was dry and it lacked ingredients."

No comments:

Post a Comment