Wednesday, May 31, 2006

"Gift of the Magi"

I ended up missing seeing my friend Jerry in San Jose. Georgette had a cell phone, but Jerry left his at home:
Too bad we missed each other! So sorry for the late start (a matter of unrealistic expectations, balancing work, picking up Georgette and the exasperating but fortunately short-lived traffic jam at Highways 580 and 680).

After arriving, I made a beeline for your office, arriving at about 6:40 p.m., but by that time you had left. Then we ate at a tacqueria near 4th & Santa Clara until 7:20 p.m., actually arriving at the arena at about 7:40 p.m.
Jerry replied:
It's like that O. Henry story, "The Gift of the Magi" -- we were both trying to do what we thought was most convenient for the other. (I thought sure that you would park close to the arena!) I figured you might get in around 6:30, so I decided to head over to the arena at about 6:05. I got over there around 6:30 and walked back-and-forth along Santa Clara Street until about 7:00
I should come down when there isn't any time pressure, and we should sit in a Mexican Restaurant for three hours and drink margaritas together!

No comments:

Post a Comment