Tuesday, February 28, 2006

YSG Valentine

On the evening of Friday, February 17th, I was leaving Old Spaghetti Factory with the DMTC borg, when teenagers abruptly stopped me and raved about the "Tommy" DMTC sweatshirt I was wearing. "I LOVE The WHO!," one girl exclaimed, "I saw them at the Hollywood Bowl!" I was surprised, since I thought The Who stopped touring years ago, but I was even more surprised to discover they were from the West Valley, or Hollywood, or somewhere down in the South Coast, in Sacramento for a YSG (presumably Youth in Student Government) weekend at the State Capitol. They gave me a little YSG Valentine, colored red, green and yellow (looks Italian, which is fitting for the restaurant).

I've since tried to confirm the YSG acronym on Google, but all I get is 'Young Solicitor's Group,' and 'Yap State Government,' and 'Yokohama Shakespeare Group," so I don't know for sure who they were, but I'm carrying around the YSG Valentine wherever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment