Sunday, February 26, 2006

Amazing Coincidences

Steve just distributed this E-Mail he received to the cast of "Titanic - The Musical":
To the cast and crew of Titanic,

Dear cast and crew, I have just come off stage after seven full-house performances and have spent the day nursing bruises and reflecting on what has the best week of my life.

I have been searching the web for reviews of our shows following the verbal support that we have received. Imagine my surprise when I found you lot!

The reason is that I am a member of DMTC (Durham Musical Theatre Company) based in Durham City in the North East of England. Our home is the Gala Theatre in Durham and my aches and pains have been caused by the fact that last night was my last performance of the Northern premiere of Titanic! How weird is that!

Last November my colleagues and I visited Liverpool to see West Kirby's production of Titanic where I met my namesake Jonathan Taylor who played Etches, the part for which I was auditioning. I did not get the part of Etches, instead that of Charles Lightoller and have thoroughly enjoyed playing him in this show. I'm sure it is too much to assume that you too have a cast member named Jonathan Taylor!

Never have I experienced such powerful emotion and such a strong vocal bombardment. I have loved ever second of it and wish you all well in your forthcoming show.

Yours sincerely,

Jonathan R Taylor
Second Officer Charles Lightoller

No comments:

Post a Comment