Monday, November 12, 2018

Really Bad Air Quality in Sacramento

I wish the overcast was fog.

This is ridiculous. Putting on a face mask now. I don’t care if I look like a refugee from ‘12 Monkeys,’ or that I’m being SARS-fashion conscious. I smell like I’ve been camping.


Trying to get a sense how bad air quality is here in Sacramento from the Camp Fire at Paradise, CA. Plotted are particulate concentrations at Sacramento's T-Street station. On the X-axis is November date. On the Y-axis is 24-hour-averaged PM2.5 concentration in micrograms per meter cubed (ug/m3). The national health standard is 35 ug/m3. Concentrations are now pegged in the 140 ug/m3 range, or four times the national health standard.

These concentrations are roughly the same as in Beijing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment