Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Nervous Dog

It’s strange to have a dog with such a nervous temperament. I have to teach him how to be a dog.

I’ve been trying to accustom Jasper to short walks, but it’s more like dragging a panic stricken puppy around the block. There are strange people out there! This morning, two women approached on the sidewalk. One woman looked down at him, smiled, and said “hi!” Spooky!

I took Jasper to Sierra II, to the big field where dogs play. Two different dogs approached, a hound dog and a border collie. Not ill-mannered dogs, just insistent on getting to know the newbie. Jasper retreated to my arms and shook with fear.

I rake leaves. Jasper helps out by collecting individual leaves and chewing on them. Upon leaving the yard, he heads next door to collect cat turds. “That’s disgusting!” I tell him. “You’re the one with the pooper scooper,” he replies.

Yesterday Jasper was growling at a mirror. Daddy let in a mysterious dog and didn’t even tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment