Saturday, February 24, 2018

Two Sets of Sandhill Cranes, at Different Levels, Circling in Opposite Directions

Yesterday, I decided to drop some letters off at the mailbox- maybe ten blocks, round trip. Never thought I’d make it home. I don’t like this invalid lifestyle.
Worried about long term heart damage. Was just discussing with a doctor friend about my diagnosis. I have little hard info. to give her, so she's not sure the NSTEMI myocardial infarction diagnosis is even correct, and that it might be just myocarditis. In any event, there is a 10-15% recurrence rate on myocarditis, and other problems can result from repeated attacks.

Apparently myocarditis is fairly-unusual: only a few thousand diagnoses nationwide annually. Can lead to heart transplantation. I can sense my cardiologist's curiosity about my case. I think I prefer dying of an exotic ailment rather than being butchered on a highway in West Sacramento in the middle of the night. Still, this week, I'll look into the hospital's cardio rehab gym. Maybe I can still duck the Grim Reaper's scythe. And end up on that West Sacramento highway after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment