Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Libertarian Utopia

They can keep it:
There's also a preponderance of white faces, most of which belong to Central and Western Europeans and North Americans. Conspicuously absent are Asians or Middle Easterners, who account for a vast proportion of the applications for citizenship. The one exception is Rehan Allahwala, a Pakistani entrepreneur whose plan to provide the country with universal wi-fi recently landed him the title of Minister of Communication, maybe. “I proposed that, you know, I can be the Minister of Communication, and [Jedlička] introduced me to people as the Minister of Communication,” Allahwala told me. “I was like, ‘What, seriously, is that how it’s done?’” At breakfast one morning, I have the pleasure of watching Allahwala, a Muslim, listen respectfully as a guy from Monaco mansplains Sharia law to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment