Monday, September 26, 2016

My Impression Of The Debate

I saw parts of the last half of tonight's debate.

My impression was that Trump was demanding respect from Hillary, and that she wasn't extending it. Trump seemed peeved that Hillary has been saying bad things about him in her advertising spots.

Demands for respect might be suitable, or even necessary, if she was insulting him to his face, but she kept it more-or-less polite. Hillary's advertisements occur outside the debating hall. They were not part of this debate. Trump's complaint struck me as whining.

One reason people like to watch boxing matches, wrestling matches, and debates is that outside stuff gets left outside, and only things inside the ring matter. A test of will and skill. Mano a mano; face to face.

I'm afraid Donald needs to "man-up", as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment