Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Dirt Thievery

At the very end of tonight's walk around the neighborhood, at 1:10 am., Bella and I turned down our alley and stumbled across a slim, fit woman, age about 30, loading up her vehicle with dirt from piles behind one of my neighbors. "Neighbor posted free dirt!" she explained. Except that I know the neighbor actually posted "Please don't take." So I memorized her license plate and will talk to the neighbor tomorrow. It was late and I figured a high-speed car chase to pursue the dastardly Sacramento dirt thief can wait until after sunrise.

I checked Nextdoor, the Website where neighbors post about local issues, crimes, lost dogs, etc. Sure enough, yesterday evening, that neighbor posted Free Dirt for the taking. So, just because it looks exactly like a crime in progress doesn't mean it's so!

No comments:

Post a Comment