Friday, November 01, 2013

Take A Handful!

Because I was going to DMTC rehearsal I wasn't going to be around to hand out candy on Halloween, so I prepared a bowl with salt water taffy, little Hershey bars, and tossed in some peanuts in their shells for good measure, and placed it adjacent to the steps to my front door. Then I took a shower.

Climbing out of the shower, I heard someone banging on the door. Wrapped in a towel, I cracked open the door, looked out, and saw Colonial Girl. I directed her to the bowl. She hadn't seen it, focused as she was on climbing the steps. She went back down the steps and took some small handfuls of candy. Later, I added a sign on the door directing future Colonial Girls to the bowl.

When I returned from DMTC about 11 p.m., the bowl was empty - except for the peanuts, of course, which remained behind. Was it just one visitor, or many? The mystery lingers....

No comments:

Post a Comment